In support of stakeholders in the West Midlands commitment to increase growth and prosperity in the region, WMCU will work collaboratively focussing on:
- filling predicted nursing, health and social care shortages in the region by offering flexible, region-wide courses tailored to WMCA skills needs, and with greater access to facilities;
- closing the skills gap in the engineering, built environment, business and manufacturing sectors by working with local businesses to provide higher apprenticeships alongside existing degree programmes;
- retraining current industry sectors with new skills and in new technologies, as well as inspire young people to follow careers in these areas;
- encouraging cross-pollination of knowledge and ideas through applied research collaborations to bring forward innovations in priority sectors;
- combining the institutions’ assets and expertise to improve the quality and scale of what each university is already able to offer on an individual basis.